The goal of this course is to introduce the key elements of forest management in Alberta. This course will appeal to forest workers at all education levels. It will introduce the concepts of forest management and the importance of the forest industry in Alberta and forest management trends.
Upon completion of this course you be able to:
- Define forest management and sustainable forest management
- Recall a brief history of forest management
- Recognize the three components of sustainable forest management: economic, social and environmental
- Describe the stewardship role played by Foresters
- Identify the key elements of forest management including:
- recognize how other values and uses are integrated
- recognize the forest management framework in Alberta
- describe Alberta’s stumpage and tenure system
- explain Alberta’s planning and reforestation systems
- recall how other values are integrated into Alberta’s forest management planning
- recognize the use of computer modeling in forest management
- identify financial analysis and valuation
- explain how sustainability is measured
- Course delivery is available in a classroom setting (at your location) or online. To arrange a classroom delivery send your request to wolfinfo@northernlakescollege
The Woodland Operations Learning Foundation (WOLF) has partnered with Northern Lakes College (NLC) to deliver outstanding courses to meet your needs. The Northern Lakes College user- friendly, online learning system allows you to upgrade your skills and get the credentials you need. Any time that works for you and Anywhere you have internet access.
For a limited time, WOLF Environmental Courses are being offered for the special price of $44 (+gst), THANKS to the support of the Forest Resource Improvement Association of Alberta (FRIAA). This offer is only available to Alberta residents.
WOLF Environmental Courses regular price: $220 (+gst)/course (Discount Price: $44 (+gst)/course for Alberta residents)
WOLF Operational and Business Courses are available for $220 (+gst)/course
Please click HERE to register for the online course