As knowledge has grown, so has the importance and need to look at the ‘big picture’ not just in terms of physical space but also time. Technology now exists which enables planners and researchers to model the impact of operations over long planning horizons and extensive areas of land. This course examines this ‘big picture’ thinking and provides a survey of the methods used to make effective decisions in a changing environment. Anyone interested in the decision making models for healthy forested landscapes will find this course helpful.
Upon successful completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Recognize the difference between man-made and natural effects
- Identify the intellectual tools used to create healthy forested landscapes
- Discuss the many competing and legitimate uses and management methods for one piece of land
- Describe developments in woodland planning
- Course delivery is available in a classroom setting (at your location) or online. To arrange a classroom delivery send your request to wolfinfo@northernlakescollege
The Woodland Operations Learning Foundation (WOLF) has partnered with Northern Lakes College (NLC) to deliver outstanding courses to meet your needs. The Northern Lakes College user- friendly, online learning system allows you to upgrade your skills and get the credentials you need. Any time that works for you and Anywhere you have internet access.
For a limited time, WOLF Environmental Courses are being offered for the special price of $44 (+gst), THANKS to the support of the Forest Resource Improvement Association of Alberta (FRIAA). This offer is only available to Alberta residents.
WOLF Environmental Courses regular price: $220 (+gst)/course (Discount Price: $44 (+gst)/course for Alberta residents)
WOLF Operational and Business Courses are available for $220 (+gst)/course
Please click HERE to register for the online course