Forestry Training Course Goal
This course will appeal to woodlands personnel, contractors and operators contemplating biomass harvesting. It covers various biomass products that are emerging in the marketplace today.
The course explores the differences between biomass harvesting and conventional harvesting, and discuss the challenges and opportunities presented by biomass harvesting on public land, using current forest management plans and objectives.
Upon successful completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Describe the evolution of biomass as a viable forest product
- Identify biomass products and the place in today’s market
- Identify the types of equipment used to effectively harvest and transport biomass
- Appreciate the impact that future innovation may have on biomass harvesting
- Due to Covid-19, face-to-face course deliveries are not currently available, however, this course can be delivered online (to groups) with a live instructor. The narrated online version is currently under revision. To arrange a “live online” delivery please send your request to email@example.com or contact the WOLF office at 1-866-293-WOLF (9653)