This course will appeal to woodlands personnel, contractors and operators contemplating biomass harvesting. It covers various biomass products that are emerging in the marketplace today.
The course explores the differences between biomass harvesting and conventional harvesting, and discuss the challenges and opportunities presented by biomass harvesting on public land, using current forest management plans and objectives.
Upon successful completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Describe the evolution of biomass as a viable forest product
- Identify biomass products and the place in today’s market
- Identify the types of equipment used to effectively harvest and transport biomass
- Appreciate the impact that future innovation may have on biomass harvesting
- Course delivery is available in a classroom setting (at your location) or online. To arrange a classroom delivery send your request to wolfinfo@northernlakescollege
The Woodland Operations Learning Foundation (WOLF) has partnered with Northern Lakes College (NLC) to deliver outstanding courses to meet your needs. The Northern Lakes College user- friendly, online learning system allows you to upgrade your skills and get the credentials you need. Any time that works for you and Anywhere you have internet access.
For a limited time, WOLF Environmental Courses are being offered for the special price of $44 (+gst), THANKS to the support of the Forest Resource Improvement Association of Alberta (FRIAA). This offer is only available to Alberta residents.
WOLF Environmental Courses regular price: $220 (+gst)/course (Discount Price: $44 (+gst)/course for Alberta residents)
WOLF Operational and Business Courses are available for $220 (+gst)/course
Please click HERE to register for the online course