Forest product manufacturers operating under various provincial, federal and international certification standards are required to identify training needs and ensure that personnel receive training related to their work. The manufacturer shall also require contractors working on its behalf to demonstrate that their personnel have the requisite training and awareness levels. Forest product manufacturers are committed to environmental protection not only on their defined forest area, but also on any lands where purchase wood originates. If you are harvesting and selling private land wood to a certified company, you will need to follow its Environmental Management System. Forest Certification is designed as a “must have” training module for company supervisors, logging site contractors and frontline forest workers. It could also be used as an annual refresher.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the reasons a company needs to achieve Forest Certification, and why they do so voluntarily
- Recognize how Sustainable Forest Management is proven through a Forest Certification
- Recognize how the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 14001 is the platform on which management systems are built
- Describe how an Environmental Management System is used to reduce the “footprint” operations have on the environment
- Identify how your job functions can affect the corporate ‘footprint’
- Recognize that laws, regulations and provincial ground rules represent the minimum requirements that must be followed in order to maintain a forest certification, and that company-specific field procedures are often more stringent
- Identify when to respond to deficiencies with corrective action and preventative procedures
- Course delivery is available in a classroom setting (at your location) or online. To arrange a classroom delivery send your request to wolfinfo@northernlakescollege
The Woodland Operations Learning Foundation (WOLF) has partnered with Northern Lakes College (NLC) to deliver outstanding courses to meet your needs. The Northern Lakes College user- friendly, online learning system allows you to upgrade your skills and get the credentials you need. Any time that works for you and Anywhere you have internet access.
For a limited time, WOLF Environmental Courses are being offered for the special price of $44 (+gst), THANKS to the support of the Forest Resource Improvement Association of Alberta (FRIAA). This offer is only available to Alberta residents.
WOLF Environmental Courses regular price: $220 (+gst)/course (Discount Price: $44 (+gst)/course for Alberta residents)
WOLF Operational and Business Courses are available for $220 (+gst)/course
Please click HERE to register for the online course