Forestry workers and planners who have been charged with the task of developing or implementing operating plans will benefit by knowing that consistent principles and operating procedures are being used during field layout. Layout crews will be better equipped to apply sound decision making principles when making plan modifications in the field, and will understand the importance of documentation, data integrity and quality assurance.
Upon completion of this course the participant will be able to:
- Describe the required equipment, documents, and procedures necessary to prepare for a safe and productive work day
- Describe the procedures for in-block layout, marking, mapping and data collection
- Recognize the attributes of a well-planned, safe, efficient and cost effective road system that is specific to individual company’s needs
- Identify the minimum standards needed to collect ‘good’ data and demonstrate the process required to properly verify GPS settings
- Describe the process followed to meet quality assurance standards
- Course delivery is available in a classroom setting (at your location) or online. To arrange a classroom delivery send your request to wolfinfo@northernlakescollege
The Woodland Operations Learning Foundation (WOLF) has partnered with Northern Lakes College (NLC) to deliver outstanding courses to meet your needs. The Northern Lakes College user- friendly, online learning system allows you to upgrade your skills and get the credentials you need. Any time that works for you and Anywhere you have internet access.
For a limited time, WOLF Environmental Courses are being offered for the special price of $44 (+gst), THANKS to the support of the Forest Resource Improvement Association of Alberta (FRIAA). This offer is only available to Alberta residents.
WOLF Environmental Courses regular price: $220 (+gst)/course (Discount Price: $44 (+gst)/course for Alberta residents)
WOLF Operational and Business Courses are available for $220 (+gst)/course
Please click HERE to register for the online course