The best form of fire protection is prevention. This course aims to increase the prevention and detection of wildfires and reduce the cost and extent of damage from wildfires occurring in Alberta, thus increasing workplace safety by reducing the number of machine fires, improving response to fire, and limiting resulting property value losses.
Upon completion of this course the participant will be able to:
- Describe three wildfire behavior types
- Describe impacts of wildfire on local ecosystems and communities
- Describe strategies the provincial government uses to prevent wildfires
- Describe wildfire prevention strategies needed for safe operations
- Explain the operator’s role in fire prevention
- Describe the operator’s response in case of fire
- Explain operator’s responsibility in case of fire
- Course delivery is available in a classroom setting (at your location) or online. To arrange a classroom delivery send your request to wolfinfo@northernlakescollege
The Woodland Operations Learning Foundation (WOLF) has partnered with Northern Lakes College (NLC) to deliver outstanding courses to meet your needs. The Northern Lakes College user- friendly, online learning system allows you to upgrade your skills and get the credentials you need. Any time that works for you and Anywhere you have internet access.
For a limited time, WOLF Environmental Courses are being offered for the special price of $44 (+gst), THANKS to the support of the Forest Resource Improvement Association of Alberta (FRIAA). This offer is only available to Alberta residents.
WOLF Environmental Courses regular price: $220 (+gst)/course (Discount Price: $44 (+gst)/course for Alberta residents)
WOLF Operational and Business Courses are available for $220 (+gst)/course