Each stream crossing has an owner who is responsible for monitoring, maintaining and de-activating the crossing. This course presents what is currently the most widely accepted system of monitoring stream crossings in Alberta. As inspectors become more highly skilled at identifying problems with bridges and culverts, they will be better prepared to generate solutions and reduce liability. When staff is trained to follow a standard procedure the result will be a consistent and accurate inspection the company can rely upon. The course will provide the industrial user with a standard approach to crossing inspection and risk assessment.
Participants who successfully complete this course will be able to:
- Understand how water cycles through the environment
- Recognize the various aspects of water quality
- Recognize the main pieces of water legislation
- Understand why crossing monitoring is needed
- Complete a Foothills Stream Crossing Partnership electronic stream crossing inspection form to recommend remedial action
- Course delivery is available in a classroom setting (at your location) or online
For a limited time, WOLF Environmental Courses are being offered for the special price of $44 (+gst), THANKS to the support of the Forest Resource Improvement Association of Alberta (FRIAA). This offer is only available to Alberta residents.
WOLF Environmental Courses regular price: $220 (+gst)/course (Discount Price: $44 (+gst)/course for Alberta residents)
WOLF Operational and Business Courses are available for $220 (+gst)/course
Please click HERE to register