This course is intended to provide information about the fundamentals of water quality and develop competency in watercourse crossing construction. By learning the fundamentals, industrial construction personnel will create less sedimentation, reduce losses to aquatic habitats and reduce construction and maintenance costs. The company will also be exposed to less risk of contravening existing provincial and federal legislation.
Participants who successfully complete this course will be able to:
- Recognize the basic components of forest hydrology
- Identify components of fish habitat and effects of sedimentation
- Choose an effective crossing location
- Select an appropriate crossing structure
- Recognize the safe and environmentally secure techniques for installing or building crossing structures and approaches
- List the structures and techniques used for erosion prevention and sediment control
- Recognize the importance of crossing monitoring and maintenance
- Select reclamation techniques for crossing sites and road surfaces
- Course delivery is available in a classroom setting (at your location) or online
For a limited time, WOLF Environmental Courses are being offered for the special price of $44 (+gst), THANKS to the support of the Forest Resource Improvement Association of Alberta (FRIAA). This offer is only available to Alberta residents.
WOLF Environmental Courses regular price: $220 (+gst)/course (Discount Price: $44 (+gst)/course for Alberta residents)
WOLF Operational and Business Courses are available for $220 (+gst)/course
Please click HERE to register