Forest managers in Alberta apply wildlife conservation principles in all phases of harvest planning. The people who carry out those plans will benefit by knowing when specific practices are required, and why it makes a difference. Anyone who reads the Annual Operating Plan, or is given a harvest plan map and must operate according to the ground rules will benefit from this course.
Participants successfully completing the course will be able to:
- Describe the tools used for commercial wildlife and game management today
- Recognize the need to give special consideration to selected wildlife and plant species
- Describe the benefits of ‘coarse filter’ and ‘fine filter’ management
- Recognize that the goal is to be able to log without hindering species persistence and ecosystem function
- Realize that biological diversity is needed for the industry to thrive
- Observe how harvest patterns are applied to the landscape over time
- Interpret how modern harvesting practices promote biodiversity
- Describe why retention standards and debris management are prescribed
- Course delivery is available in a classroom setting (at your location) or online. To arrange a classroom delivery send your request to wolfinfo@northernlakescollege
The Woodland Operations Learning Foundation (WOLF) has partnered with Northern Lakes College (NLC) to deliver outstanding courses to meet your needs. The Northern Lakes College user- friendly, online learning system allows you to upgrade your skills and get the credentials you need. Any time that works for you and Anywhere you have internet access.
For a limited time, WOLF Environmental Courses are being offered for the special price of $44 (+gst), THANKS to the support of the Forest Resource Improvement Association of Alberta (FRIAA). This offer is only available to Alberta residents.
WOLF Environmental Courses regular price: $220 (+gst)/course (Discount Price: $44 (+gst)/course for Alberta residents)
WOLF Operational and Business Courses are available for $220 (+gst)/course
Please click HERE to register for the online course