Forestry Training Course Goal
This module is intended to provide awareness and develop competency in the area of equipment maintenance and service. It is designed to provide information about the fundamentals of equipment maintenance and service practices.
This course will provide the equipment operator with a general understanding of basic service, maintenance, repairs and troubleshooting of heavy equipment used in forestry application. Safety aspects of servicing equipment are presented in detail.
Participants will learn the words of the trade to help them communicate with mechanics and other workers. This course designed to build a maintenance culture and provide solid reasons to conduct maintenance correctly and regularly.
Covered in this course are:
- Machinery used in forestry
- Circle check or walk around before operation
- Who is responsible for machine service
- Scheduling periodic maintenance
- Keeping service records
- Performing preventative maintenance
- Service safety
- Due to Covid-19, face-to-face course deliveries are not currently available, however, this course can be delivered online (to groups) with a live instructor. To arrange a “live online” delivery please send your request to email@example.com or contact the WOLF office at 1-866-293-WOLF (9653)
- “Click Here” for the online narrated version.