This module is intended to provide awareness and develop competency in the area of equipment maintenance and service. It is designed to provide information about the fundamentals of equipment maintenance and service practices.
This course will provide the equipment operator with a general understanding of basic service, maintenance, repairs and trouble shooting of heavy equipment used in forestry application. Safety aspects of servicing equipment are presented in detail.
Participants will learn the words of the trade to help them communicate with mechanics and other workers. This course designed to build a maintenance culture and provide solid reasons to conduct maintenance correctly and regularly.
Covered in this course are:
- Machinery used in forestry
- Circle check or walk around before operation
- Who is responsible for machine service
- Scheduling periodic maintenance
- Keeping service records
- Performing preventative maintenance
- Service safety
- Course delivery is available in a classroom setting (at your location) or online. To arrange a classroom delivery send your request to wolfinfo@northernlakescollege
“NEW REGISTRATION PROCESS”
The Woodland Operations Learning Foundation (WOLF) has partnered with Northern Lakes College (NLC) to deliver outstanding courses to meet your needs. The Northern Lakes College user- friendly, online learning system allows you to upgrade your skills and get the credentials you need. Any time that works for you and Anywhere you have internet access.
Please click HERE to register for the online course.