This course will appeal to forest workers at all education levels.
The goal is to increase awareness of wildfire risk, with the aim of eliminating or reducing risk factors at the worksite and, more generally, in the woodlands.
This course will introduce the concepts of wildfire risk, examine recent trends in risk, basic elements of wildfire behaviour and how it is measured, and FireSmart strategies to manage wildfire risk.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- – Recognize why managing wildfire risk is important
- – Describe factors that contribute to the likelihood and consequences of wildfire
- – Identify important trends related to wildfire risk
- – Select practical wildfire risk mitigation strategies
- This course is available in a narrated online version (link below), but due to Covid-19, face-to-face course deliveries are not currently available, however, it can be delivered online (to groups) with a live instructor. To arrange a “live online” delivery please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the WOLF office at 1-866-293-WOLF (9653)
Cost of online narrated course $99 (+GST)
Individual Students, please click HERE to register & pay online.
For group registration &/or payment by invoice please click HERE