This course is meant for those new to the operational side of resource road building. It is an introductory overview of the development of forest roads in Alberta and is meant to work alongside other WOLF courses: Woodland Water Quality, Erosion Control and Crossing Construction, Woodland Soils, Woodland Road Reclamation and Woodland Road Maintenance.
Upon completion of this course the participant will be able to:
- Identify historical influences on logging road construction in Alberta
- Identify the classes of roads used as logging roads in Alberta
- Identify the types of machinery and tools used to build logging roads in Alberta
- Outline a process for building Class IV roads in Alberta
- Course delivery is available in a classroom setting (at your location) or online. To arrange a classroom delivery send your request to wolfinfo@northernlakescollege
“NEW REGISTRATION PROCESS”
The Woodland Operations Learning Foundation (WOLF) has partnered with Northern Lakes College (NLC) to deliver outstanding courses to meet your needs. The Northern Lakes College user- friendly, online learning system allows you to upgrade your skills and get the credentials you need. Any time that works for you and Anywhere you have internet access.
Please click HERE to register for the online course.