Forestry Training Course Goal
This course is meant for those new to the operational side of resource road building. It is an introductory overview of the development of forest roads in Alberta and is meant to work alongside other WOLF courses: Woodland Water Quality, Erosion Control and Crossing Construction, Woodland Soils, Woodland Road Reclamation and Woodland Road Maintenance.
Upon completion of this course the participant will be able to:
- Identify historical influences on logging road construction in Alberta
- Identify the classes of roads used as logging roads in Alberta
- Identify the types of machinery and tools used to build logging roads in Alberta
- Outline a process for building Class IV roads in Alberta
- Due to Covid-19, face-to-face course deliveries are not currently available, however, this course can be delivered online (to groups) with a live instructor. The narrated online version is currently under revision. To arrange a “live online” delivery please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the WOLF office at 1-866-293-WOLF (9653)